GREETINGS from the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd!
We are a community of Christians affiliated with the North Carolina Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Officially organized in 1951, Good Shepherd constructed its first building at the present location in 1960. The education wing was added in 1970 and the second sanctuary was added in 1984. The present sanctuary, commons, memorial garden and various restorations to the remaining church structures were completed in 2001.
Sunday Worship with Holy Communion during the fall is at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
There is a Nursery during the 10:30 a.m. service for children 5 and younger. Children are encouraged to attend worship with their parents, participate in the Children’s Sermon, and then leave the sanctuary to go to the Nursery. They return to the Sanctuary to receive Holy Communion with their families.